I leave way too early to prepare and eat breakfast at home, so I’m usually stuck eating oatmeal at the office pantry. However, there are days when I just want to have a hot plate of eggs and toast. Eating out is not an option for me because I’m cheap and the eggs served in restaurants are way too oily. Needless to say, we do not have a stove at the office. So microwave eggs were the perfect solution!
Here’s what you’ll need:
3. Vinegar (optional)
4. Microwavable mug (better if you use a regular mug, not an oversized mug/bowl like mine)
5. Microwavable plate/cover
6. 3 minutes tops
1. Crack the egg into the mug
2. Add water to the mug until half full (around 1/3 cup water)
3. Add 2-3 drops of vinegar
1. Place the mug in the microwave and cover it with a microwavable plate or cover
2. Nuke it for 60 seconds on medium for runny eggs
Tip: if you don’t like runny eggs (like me) then nuke it for 50 seconds on high. The microwave cooks the yolk faster than the egg whites so you’ll still have wobbly egg whites, and a wet (but not runny) yolk. Yay!