After cutting my oversized shirts into racerback tank tops, Joel asked me to cut his shirts into tanks. Last week we were finally able to start on it.
1. Old shirt
3. Pencil (optional)
- Remove the crew neck. Since this is a men’s tank top, you won’t want to cut the back part too deep. So you’ll have to cut the front and back part separately:
- Start by cutting at the stitch where the front and back part of the crew neck meet (see photo)
- Cut off the front part of the crew neck
- Cut off the back part of the crew neck
- Cutting off the sleeves:
- Fold the shirt in half and make sure the sleeves are aligned (see photo)
- Start cutting straight down from the top
- Only start curving when you reach the chest area
- Adjust the neckline & strap width if necessary.
- (Optional) Cut the bottom hem of the shirt
Tip: You may want to try on the tank top & use a pencil to mark the adjustments before cutting
Check out their blogs 🙂
P.S. In case you didn’t get it, the title is a joke.