I am absolutely in love with the city of Marikina. Macky’s Goto is yet another reason to love the city even more. I’ve read & heard so many good things about this hole-in-the-wall restaurant so my family and I just had to give it a try.
After eating here we also bought the best puto kutsinta in the world from a nearby store. I swear, this is the puto of your life.
My family ordered the goto & tokwa’t baboy and they all loved it. I got the Sam-friendly version (plain lugaw & tokwa). The lugaw was good, but the real winner for me was the crispy tokwa swimming in their AMAZING suka (vinegar). I was that they actually cook their vinegar mix in a giant pot (I’d like to get my hands on that!)
My cousin ordered the pancit palabok. It looked a little too orange for me but she seemed to enjoy it. I think it’s also possible to order a Sam-friendly version of this, but I’m not sure.
For dessert we ordered halo-halo and mais con yelo. The milk was a bit too sweet for me, but my cousin loved it. The ice they used was crushed and not shaved so it was it was harder to chew(?) but it didn’t melt as fast. They were both good but I was sad to find that there were no bananas in the halo-halo. 😦 Overall, I think I liked the mais con yelo more.
If you’re not game to be “kanto” then you probably won’t enjoy eating here, but I personally loved the interior and the overall feel of the place. I read bad reviews about their comfort room though, so I would suggest you hold it in until you get home. 😉
J.P. Rizal Street, San Roque Marikina 1801
A few meters before the (San Roque) Our Lady of the Abandoned Church
- Take the Calumpang Jeep (P8 per person)
- Tell the jeepney driver to drop you off at Macky’s
- If he doesn’t know or you miss your stop, get off at the Church (can’t miss it!) and walk back
From Marcos Highway:
(I know there is a jeepney route but I’m not sure about it so I’ll just teach you guys the tricycle route)
- Make your way to Sta. Lucia/Robinsons Metro East
- Cross the footbridge (to the other side of Marcos highway)
- At the foot of the bridge, there are tricycles
- Ride one and ask them to take you to Macky’s (I think it is around P20 for the whole tricycle)