I recently cleaned out my closet and apparently I have over 25 oversized org and school shirts. It’s summer (in a tropical country) and it is way too hot to wear these shirts. So I’ve decided to cut up most of my shirts and share this summer project with all of you! (Check out the normal tank top/ male version)
- Oversized shirt (I used my old P.E. shirt)
Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cut away the crew neck and bottom hem (put this away because you’ll need it later)
- Cut away the sleeves.
- Fold the shirt in half (vertically)
- You decide how thick you want the strap to be and cut down from there.
- Cut straight until the chest area (I didn’t do this in the second photo so I had to fix it)
- Curve until you cut the sleeve off
- Clean up the edges & make the necessary adjustments (ex. lower neckline, larger armholes, thinner straps, higher hemline, etc.)
- Flip the shirt over and cut a deep V for the racerback
- Take the bottom hem that you cut off and cut the seams
- Stretch it like crazy (I didn’t do this so it ended up too thick)
- Knot the string about 2-3 inches above the bottom of the V
- Wrap the string all the way down and back up to knot the two ends together. Cut off the loose ends
- You may also choose to wrap the string all the way down and double knot it there (don’t go back up to meet the first knot)
Inspiration(s) for this post:
Check out their awesome blogs!!!